Legal professionals are essential to the functioning of a just society. At Blackford & Flohr, LLC, it is important to us to encourage promising young people to pursue careers in law. We hope to help students develop the skills they need to become strong attorneys that can serve society and contribute to a better world. Henceforth, we will be sponsoring an annual scholarship for one student who is pursuing a law degree. We hope to contribute to an equitable future by helping to advance the next generation of legal professionals through education.
Blackford & Flohr is offering an annual scholarship of $500 to one student who is enrolled or will be enrolled in a university or graduate-level course of legal studies.
Any student enrolled in an accredited university, law school, or graduate school can apply. Proof of enrollment is required.
· Submit an essay of 1000+ words that answers the following question: How can you create a more just society by practicing law? Consider your personal goals, as well as some information about the specific legal areas in which you hope to practice. Your educational aspirations should also be included in the essay.
· Essay submissions open October 15th, 2021 and close February 28th, 2022.
· Submissions should be sent to [email protected] as a .doc or .docx file.
· Please include “Scholarship Essay Submission” in the subject line of your email.
· Non-original essays will be disqualified. This includes essays previously published online.
· Essays will be judged based on quality of writing, creativity, and clarity of intent and purpose.
· The winner will be announced by March 15th, 2022 and notified via email.
Essays and personal information are for internal use only. It will not be shared with third parties of any kind.
Please direct all questions to [email protected].
2022 – Stephanie Flores Reyes, University of Oklahoma College of Law